[Noisebridge-discuss] Help hackerspaces happen in Cairo, and elsewhere in Africa

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 21:23:29 UTC 2011

Hi, Me and Bilal Ghalib (founder of All Hands Active hackerspace in Ann Abor, Michigan), are going to Maker Faire Africa to create a 3-day hackerspace there.  This will help the founders of the Cairo hackerspace make their forming space into a physical reality, which, in turn, will help get hackerspaces get going throughout Africa.  We have recently seen how important hackerspaces are in helping people in Africa live more fulfilling lives.  Let's see how much more we all can do with so little! We got seed funding from Maker Faire Africa, and we need to raise another $7,022 in the next 19 days on our Kickstarter campaign.  If you can give a $1, please do!  If you can give a little more, please do!  Any amount is great!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bilal/3-day-egyptian-maker-space-expanding-the-maker-mov Thanks!Mitch.