[Noisebridge-discuss] Know anyone with a gas chromatograph/spectrograph and/or able to measure caloric levels in alcohol?

Gian Pablo Villamil gian.pablo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 00:07:20 UTC 2011

Hey, a friend of mine is doing an interesting project involving measuring
stats for different kinds of alcoholic beverages, I was wondering if there
was anyone in the NB community who might be interested/qualified/equipped
for this.

The first thing is measuring the levels of methyl alcohols in different
spirits, for which apparently a gas chromatograph or spectrograph is needed.
Anyone here have one of those, or know someone who does/has access to one?

The second thing is measuring the caloric levels in different spirits. Not
sure how this is done. Anyone out there qualified to do this? (I think
drinking the stuff and then weighing yourself is probably not precise
enough).

If you can do the first and/or second things there is a paid gig in this.

Let me know...