[Noisebridge-discuss] jquery/javascript study

Joseph Brenner doomvox at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:15:23 UTC 2011

I'm thinking about getting some folks together at Noisebridge
for a regular "study group" gathering, to begin working on
developing some facility with jquery and javascript.

I'm thinking about 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7:30pm or so, in
Church or Turing, though I expect this will be a small group to
start with, and if need be we could move off into some random
corner of the space.  If there's a digital projector available,
we might try using it, but I expect we can get by without.  If
there's a Member hanging about who feels like showing us the
ropes, that would be cool.

Just to be clear, I don't have any js "experts" lined up at the
moment, so it's likely this will be a near-sighted-leading-the-blind
kind of thing.

So I'll probably be adding something like this to the Thursday
schedule up on the wiki:

   19:30
   The Balzac Study Group: dedicated to understanding
   the modern world. First topic: jquery and javascript.
   Turing Classroom (2nd and 4th Thursdays)

Let me know if y'all want to hear anything else from me...
I can talk about why I'm an okay guy, and why you should expect
excellent behavior from us and so on.