[Noisebridge-discuss] If you would like to bring up banning Jay, please come talk to me

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Sep 27 23:05:16 UTC 2011

There is currently no discussion or consensus items for tonight's
meeting. It sounded like a small number of people had planned to bring
up this for consensus week after week after week until it passed. Our
general guideline for the consensus process asks that you talk to
whoever is blocking your item outside of the meeting, resolve your
issues with them, then bring it up at the meeting when a block is not
apparent. Proper etiquette is not to bring this up for discussion at a
meeting when you know you'll get blocked.

This email is to reiterate my decision from prior meetings that I'm
still blocking this issue. I am more than happy to find time in my week
to talk with you in person outside of the meeting so that we can calmly,
productively and mutually work towards some sort of resolution. If the
issue comes up at the meeting again tonight, I will simply block and
defer discussion to after the meeting. There's really no need to waste
everyone's time with arguing when productive discussion could have
happened outside in the past week, or there after.

Thanks.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net