[Noisebridge-discuss] Coffee situation?

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Thu Sep 1 19:50:19 UTC 2011

On 08/31/2011 04:20 PM, Garen Torikian wrote:
> Heya—
>
> I've been to the space a few times, but I haven't explored the existence
> of the second most important liquid known to man: coffee. Do we have any?
>
> If not, I can volunteer to make it happen. We don't need a fancy machine
> to make water or make decent cups. I've got an AeroPress
> <http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm> press at home, and it works
> swell. The hardest piece is the grinder. A mediocre one runs about
> $20--a nice one is closer to $100. If there's enough interest, I could
> get one of the $100 models, and commit to contribute $50. Otherwise I'll
> just get the $20 one.
>
> Let me know if you're interested in helping to make this happen.
>
> Cheers—
> Garen

I know there are already at least two not-so-good grinders in the space,
but if you want to buy a nice one I'll match you $50. Also +1 on getting
an AeroPress! I would use both of these items, and I'm sure others would
too.

I just created this page on the wiki: https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Coffee

Anyone interested in coffee infrastructure at Noisebridge, please help
improve it!

~leif