[Noisebridge-discuss] Wanna be a roomie in a maker house?

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:32:03 UTC 2011

There are 3 guys, 1 girl in the house. Adding another guy to the mix would
make the girl really uncomfortable. My original post for this on craiglist
did *not* include the bolded, italicized font, and about 70% of the
which they thought entitled them to being "just as good as a girl" (yes...a
direct quote). The below is included to save me and potential applicants a
bunch of time from sifting through people that we aren't really looking for.
We needz some (naturally produced and recurring) estrogen.

Looking for a female roomie is creepy?? Really? That's like saying having a
preference for chicken over bacon is also creepy. (Actually, that *is*
creepy...bacon rulez). Maybe you should be asking yourself some questions as
to why living with a female room mate equates to "this guy wants a hot
personal home maker + stripper sex slave". (I want one of those too...not as
a roomie...I'll send a follow-on post in the future).

Lastly, if your suggestion was supposed to be friendly and non-drama
generating, maybe you would have dropped the hyperbole and BS legal stuff,
and just asked why the room mate needed to be female? You know...like people
who want to offer helpful advice typically do. As you pointed out - this
*is* Noisebridge - not the love-puddle-politically-correct club. Stop making
up ways to stir the pot.

Sean