[Noisebridge-discuss] missing IBM model M keyboard from my shelf

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Sep 17 00:10:59 UTC 2011

1) i will not accept it as a fact of life;  if a bunch of hackers can't
outsmart petty theives or at least out-technology them, then we're not
trying, or our priorities are elsewhere.  I for one will not go quietly
into that good-night, as you can see with my energy on the Jay issue.

3) i believe theft insurance would not be allowed to us unless we showed
the insurer the means we were using to prevent theft - and we aren't using
any.

5) I would love to get something like a library-style or drugstore-style
theft beeper gates, so that if you have something you value, you implant
an anti-theft sticker in it.  If you forget and try to leave with your
item, you get to explain it to all your friends after they stop you :)
If someone new tries that shit, and accelerates their attempt at departure
upon setting off the beepers, ITS ON.
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:IMG_0293.JPG

6) people probably won't consent to changing the space to members-only

9) there are machines available to do this, we could fit one onto
mchawking

10) the place is already bathed in semi-lethal x-rays and gamma and
everything else, ask Lilia.

11) mchawking can be used as an enforcement droid, but first you need to
get the Quickcam Sphere drivers working so we can actually see through it.
And since I will be out of town for Hacker Prom, it will also help me
attend the party... as a robot.