[Noisebridge-discuss] missing IBM model M keyboard from my shelf

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:58:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Lee Sonko <lee at lee.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:42 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
>

>> those who wish can get lockable containers that
>> fit their shelves.
>>

> Is that true? I was under the impression it was not.
>
> Yes, I know that anyone "can" do anything at Noisebridge but there seemed
> to be a consensus that even members shelves were not to be considered
> private space.

It's true; some people are just opposed to the idea of filling the space
with lockable things and private storage space.

All philosophical reasons and principles of the matter aside,

Putting a locked box on a member's shelf is kind of silly when there's a
shelf full of lockpicks in plain view, labeled as such on the front row, in
a community that's open to teaching lockpicking to anyone. It's like having
a password-protected computer with the password written on the side of the
monitor in a space full of hackers. I mean, we could try it as an
experiment, but really ....