[Noisebridge-discuss] Inkscape for cutting tools, Class/Tutorial-Authoring-Powow - part two

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Tue Sep 20 11:04:06 UTC 2011

Hey folks!

So, I had a powwow last week that involved inviting people interested in
learning Inkscape, for use with cutting tools, to help me author a
tutorial.  I hosted it at noisebridge and we had a good time with great
progress.

I will be hosting it again on Thursday, September, 29th, 8PM for a larger
audience.  The only price for admission is a solid understanding of what you
want to do and some basic fabrication knowledge.  The reason I need you to
have this knowledge is because I need people who will ask the right
questions so the tutorial will include the answers for people not ready to
ask such questions.

This event is to help me author a tutorial.  In a way, it's better than a
class because I will not be on auto pilot, and I will be turning your
personal needs in to curriculum for everyone else.

The basic structure of the tutorial is defined.  I take you from clean slate
to finished document by dragging you through all the various tools you will
most likely use.  I don't just stop there.  I go out of my way to take a
path of greater resistance so you will see how these tools interact, not
just once, but repeatedly.  I want to give you are realistic expectation of
authoring what you want to make, not some greased rails template for what I
was making.  That said, it is clear and complete.

We'll be at the back classroom by the laser engraver.

This will be the first piece of a four piece suite.  The pieces are:

   1. Inkscape for cutting tools
   2. From Inkscape to NB Laser
   3. From Inkscape to Boxshop Plasma
   4. Unfucking paths