[Noisebridge-discuss] Interesting article in the Economist: "What would Jesus Hack?"

Just Duncan justduncan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:53:31 UTC 2011

*“THE kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these,” Jesus said of little
children. But computer hackers might give the kids some competition,
according to Antonio Spadaro, an Italian Jesuit priest.*
The key word here is "doctrine" and the article is a very positive one,
focusing on the common values of sharing, creativity, open source, and
community.  I think this is pretty excellent-- not because of the Christian
angle, but foremost for the rehabilitated/proper use of the term "hackers"
in a major mainstream periodical.  Second to that would be the framing of
hackers/hacking as being "good" vs. "bad", although "excellent" alone is
good enough for me.

Thinking is a much neglected intellectual pursuit and one which, done
properly, yields more questions than answers.