[Noisebridge-discuss] How hard would it be...

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Fri Sep 30 23:34:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:
> I just read the wiki page on this... That's excellent! Exactly what I was thinking of. Do you know where I can get hold of some for prototyping?

I think Maxim (who owns Dallas Semiconductor now) offers up some
samples on their site. Maybe see if they have some controllers and
parts that might fit your project? Powering the "stories" will also be
a problem to solve.
They'd need a way to "wake up" when they're moved or interacted with
so they don't suck their batteries dry so quickly.

As far as the "conflicts" problem, the 1-Wire standard was designed to
be a multi-drop bus from the get-go. I believe that the bus master is
supposed to be the only one to initiate transmission, so collisions
shouldn't happen (in theory, at least).

--j