[Noisebridge-discuss] Owning the main area and social acceptable use of the projection audio visual station at Noisebridge

Robert Chu robertayoungchu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 10:34:35 UTC 2012

Dear Noisebridge Community,

I feel that there is a shift in the usage of the projector in the main area
of the hack'o'torium from learning cool shit, to being used as an excuse to
watch stuff and be lazy.

The first example that I have is that Circuit Hacking Monday and a couple
of other things were going on, and Archie the cartoon was playing. WTF??? I
thought this is a place of education, and community building-not a place to
go to watch cartoons especially on a Monday when Noisebridge is full of
people who want to hack and not watch non-pertaining information on the
main projector. Seriously!!!

In addition there are quite a few other times where I feel that the
projector in the main area is being used as a tv for whatever content to
play, so that lazy people can focus on that instead of interactively
hacking with the  hackerspace environment or a virtual environment (such as
a computer) .

I am totally for people using the projector for awesome education purposes,
but lately I've sense that it is being used more f or non ones instead.

I don't understand why the main area has to be p0wn3d by projection use(no
so common of an occurrence) instead of the Church or Turing classroom which
is already under utilized.

Community input?

Just voicing; cheersq
Rayc