[Noisebridge-discuss] Linux Install Parties? Suggestion for event

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at princessleia.com
Sat Apr 7 18:33:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu is about to release it's 4.12 release.  Why not help Ubuntu throw an
> install party.

We'd love the help (Cc:ing the Ubuntu California mailing list), we had
a really great installfest for the 10.04 release at Noisebridge that
the SF-LUG folks helped with too. I had hoped we could get something
together but I don't have the time to lead planning because I've been
too busy with other obligations. If it's done on a weekend (perhaps
the weekend following release?) I can attend and help promote it.

On the actual release day (4/26) I've planned a little get together at
Thirsty Bear Brewery to celebrate the release of 12.04:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/1615/detail/

Worth noting timing-wise: the Ubuntu Developer Summit
(http://uds.ubuntu.com - free event with registration, anyone
welcome!) is coming to Oakland May 7-11, so we probably want to avoid
the weekends around that if you want involvement from Ubuntu folks,
since we'll all probably be quite busy :)

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com