[Noisebridge-discuss] Surface mount oven?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Apr 18 23:11:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> If the toaster oven Jon (?) donated has gone walkabout, I have a toaster
> oven I would donate to this cause. Yay reflow soldering! Plus I'll help
> you mod it.

we will need a heat-tolerant circulation fan, although i wonder if
"convection" ovens have special magic like airflow patterns in addition to
magic nonmelting fans.  I already have the thermocouple and controller.

i think i saw the toaster oven that lived with the oscilloscopes and test
equipment disassembled and left for dead.  unfortunately we have zero
posted guiedlines about what not to take apart at all, and what should
only be taken apart if you're going to actually DO SOMETHING with it
instead of just leaving a mess.

and i think we should start having such posted guidelines.

-jake