[Noisebridge-discuss] gunk in the gate phone, buzzer broken

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sat Apr 21 01:30:04 UTC 2012

Apparently this was to hold the USB drop in. It wasn't marked, there's
no record of it in the Wiki, it looked (literally) like poop, so I
cleared it up. Now I have tar all over my hands. The USB cable looks
like it will survive. I will happily devote the tar on my hands and more
to replacing the tar if eventually it will stop looking like poop and
solve a problem.

The buzzer is broken; I hear this was a problem for 5moF, and there's
fewer people (including hackery people) in the space today, although
that may be the hot weather.

No blame here, especially if I'm to blame.

A long time ago, Miloh and I talked about trying to inject into people's
idea of the do-ocracy that people need to *document* what they did. It
shouldn't stop you from doing stuff, but it means that whoever comes
next doesn't have a WTF moment, doesn't blame it on some generic group
of rogues, and can talk to you about what you've done (either to shower
you with petals, or talk about changing it again)

I've set up https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/ChangeLog as a universal
record of stuff we do in the space (as opposed to changes on the wiki,
or servers). As an experiment, I'll be propagandising people to use this
for the next couple of months, and see how it goes. Sometimes this
things stick, sometimes they don't. No harm.

I've also created https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Bugs to record things
people think are broken or need fixing in the space. We have a better
bug tracker than this in preparation, but this will do for now.

Neither of these things will really work unless I constantly go around
nagging people about them, but I now have the brown fingernails and
tarry knuckles to do so.

Yo ho ho and a barrel of tar

d.