[Noisebridge-discuss] [zine][printer][mice][cat] The purrrr-fect solution! or: Fight fur with fur

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 06:26:59 UTC 2012

Dear Noisebridge Discuss (asterisk * indicates a note following the main
body of the message),

I was just talking with several of the Noiseoisie about getting a cat for
Noisebridge. As far as I can see, there's no downside. The cat would get a
great home with 5,200 square feet & all the mice it can eat, the mouse
would all be killed & eaten*, & we would have a lovable, furry feline
friend (& possible mascot?) Best of all, I would get to have a cat again,
which my violently unstable life as a squatter has ruled out. *I would go
so far as to pledge to clean the litterbox once a week - that's how serious
I am.*** And no one who's allergic to cats will read this message. *Pure
win!*

I was just talking it over with [name deleted by request], who said [quote
censored for decency]: "This is a do-ocracy, you've just gotta do it, it's
like a__l s_x, if you try to talk it over w/ people first, it'll never
happen." (I think that's horrible!) All the same, I thought I'd send this
message out first just as a formality. I don't expect any objection,
though, & have already begun the lengthy process of selecting the perfect
cat (choice breed (Russian blue? Lilac-point Siamese?), excellent pedigree,
proper fur color,

Speaking of completely random segues, I have the second issue of *ZiP* - a *
megazine*, not merely a zine, as a zine purist whose name I didn't catch
emphatically argued with me in the space last night - ready to print, &
someone who happens to own a publishing company has offered to loan us a
printer for the job, & a couple colleagues w/ cars have offered to help me
pick it up & return it, & Noisebridge seems like a great space to do the
printing, so that's probably going to happen early next week - Monday
night, perhaps, later at night after the space clears out. *If anyone can
offer any resources to help w/ the printing - money, a printer, ink
cartridges for a Laserjet 4300, money, paper or other printing supplies,
help with folding collating & stapling, or money - let your voice be heard!*

It's a really nice publication, I promise. Covers you could eat off of, and
the articles are damn near good enough to read.

Most likely no one will read this message, which is actually fine, since
that way no one can complain about the cat, and I don't expect any help
with the zine printing anyway.

Ciaoloha!

"Longshanks"

*We might need to get 2 or 3 cats

**I'm sure there would be much debate over where the keep the litterbox.
Someone suggested the dark room ("nobody uses it") - we might install a
small cat door, too small for people (or light). But it seems better to
keep it somewhere in the kitchen area.