[Noisebridge-discuss] Passing through! How about a surviving as a homeless hacker night?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Apr 24 16:49:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Xector Rogeleous
<street.xector at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just got dropped off here in San Fran after travelling around from another
> city and i wanted to do a night where I teach you how to survive as a hacker
> on the street or while roaming in the country. I hvae been everywhere in the
> country and i have managed to survive based on acquisitions of goods (i got
> a MacBook Pro for free using my exploits), getting money for free using
> modern methods, and how food hacking can be done through all sorts of means.
>
> Here are some of the topics I am suggesting.
>
> - Lock picking
> - How credit and debit cards work and how to read them
> - How to social engineer your way out of a bill in a restaurant
> - Fitness tips for running when needed
> - Avoidance of alarm systems
> - Alternative sources of food when nowhere near normal food sources
> (including a bit on suburbia)

These topics make for great discussion and exploration, but to use
them to take things of value from others (you mention getting an MBP
above) seems.... highly unethical.
I would not condone such activity.

I realize that I'm making a bit of an assumption here about your
intent, so I hope that I'm just misinterpreting your mail.

Cheers,
jof