[Noisebridge-discuss] Changelog for week -2012-04-29

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sun Apr 29 05:58:33 UTC 2012

The changelog/buglist seems to be working pretty well so far -- we
have a track of some of the many maintenance tasks that people have
done in the space, as well as some of the bugs we have to fix. I think
it may be a good idea to read it out as announcement at the beginning
of meeting, to see whether ongoing raises any issues, or has
volunteers to fix.

Here's a copy of what's been done. If you see something that was
missed out, feel free to add it to the Changelog at
http://nburl.net/changelog with a rough date, and if you notice
something that needs fixing, add it to the bug list at
http://nburl.net/bugs . The big changes as far as I can see are the
resorting of the "random stuff" drawers, the ongoing kitchen re-org
and the lights in Turing/Church.

I'm going to be away for the next two weeks, but I shall be hassling
people remotely to add things here, and fix things on bugs. If this
works out, I'm going to ask Consenso to take over this job. We've been
talking a lot recently, and while I still believe humans will always
be masters over  inferior silicon minds, I do concede that zher
contributions have been useful, and perhaps zhe can take on some of
the more monotonous jobs around the space.

Oh, also, if you don't follow http://www.twitter.com/noisebridge ---
http://fuckyeahnoisebridge.tumblr.com is where a lot of the evidence
of the fun stuff happening in the space is ending up. Submissions
welcome -- just hit the submit button at the top of the page.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/ChangeLog :

--Malaclyps 01:09, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
 * SuperQ layed out conduit to bring permanent lights to Church

--Hipe 00:51, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Kitchen cabinets moved to improve compact-ness and reduce eyesore.
 * Beginnings of labelling every cupboard, making sure contents
correspond to labels
 * Extraneous kitchen utensils and cookware moved to storage
(including 12 un-paired pan lids)

--Malaclyps 23:41, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Fruit-fly attracting fruit vinegar excess moved out.

--Rayc 21:53, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Installed a light fixture inside of the Church class room with a
switch that is plugged into the outlet connected to the outside of the
SEM room wall, adjacent to the back stairwell.
 * In addition, I also rotated the florescent fixture that was
parallel to the East Wall 180 degrees so that it also illuminates the
Church class room as well. Fixes Bug #3.

--Malaclyps 03:09, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Delivery of USB enclosures, Francisco, Catherine helped.
 * Probed at broken buzzer at top -- no wires seem loose within the
main door/listen/talk box.
 * Replicator Wednesday livestreamed http://www.ustream.tv/channel/noisebridge

--Malaclyps 19:22, 23 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Martin cleaned up lasercutter, taught Rayc tips on how to clean it.

--199.188.193.145 02:03, 22 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Working lights in Turing!

--Malaclyps 19:09, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Air compressor for laser cutter needed new brass fitting, fixed by
Martin B. (who also cleaned around)
 * RetinaEngrave downloaded and re-installed, printer driver now
working from InkScape
 ** Remember!  RetinaEngrave must be running in order to use it as a
printer driver.  Windows will not run the 'driver' for you. **

--Malaclyps 05:29, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
 * The noisebridge-api now installs as its own Debian package on pony.

--Malaclyps 00:12, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Wood brought in  by User:miloh for third electronics bench. Woohoo!

--Malaclyps 22:41, 20 April 2012 (UTC)
 * We now have Dead Drop in the gatephone, courtesy of James

--Malaclyps 20:47, 20 April 2012 (UTC)
 * Cleaned out tar in gateway entry callbox.