[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacking for Good: Coders and Community Workers Unite in San Francisco

Duncan duncan at justduncan.com
Thu Apr 12 23:35:31 UTC 2012

*Hacking for Good: Coders and Community Workers Unite in San Francisco -
Business - GOOD<http://www.good.is/post/hacking-for-good-coders-and-community-workers-unite-in-san-francisco>
*
www.good.is

How can tech wiz kids help the poor? Build products with their needs in
mind.

I thought of Noisebridge when I saw this article, and how-- with some
creativity, innovation, and good ole hacking-- Noisebridge could REALLY
have an impact in improving the world we live in.  Something like this
would have clear, tangible, measureable benefits and could offer those who
are homeless-- not just in SF but other cities-- assistance in helping them
get back on their feet.  Partnering with organizations already focusing on
this would really leverage things.

I wish I were in a position to be able to take action on this myself, but
right now I'm not.  So, at the least, I thought I should share this on the
discuss list; maybe it will get others thinking as much as it did for me.

Peace,

Duncan