[Noisebridge-discuss] Sudo Room Oakland Hackerspace Kickoff + Fundraiser!

Jenny Ryan jenny at thepyre.org
Sun Apr 15 04:03:32 UTC 2012

Greetings Noisebridgers~

Please join us for a kickoff and fundraiser event for Sudo
Room<http://sudoroom.org/>,
a newly-forming East Bay creative community hackerspace, on May 4th at
7:00PM at Tech Liminal in downtown Oakland, CA!

Sudo Room is an open, non-hierarchical, collaborative community of tech
developers, citizen scientists, activists, artists-- and all combinations
in between-- who are interested in and working towards social change. Our
goal is to create the first inclusive, dedicated hackerspace in downtown
Oakland, so that ideas and projects in areas such as citizen science,
digital/online citizenship and literacy, community engagement, and
government transparency may be exchanged and grow.

Join us at Tech Liminal on May 4th for our celebratory kickoff,and panel
discussion with representatives of current and forming hackerspaces in the
SF Bay Area, and be a part of growing the hacker community in Oakland!

7pm: Doors Open, Tech Liminal, 268 14th Street, Oakland
8pm: Mitch Altman, co-founder of Noisebridge, and members of hackerspaces
in the East Bay in conversation on the topic of “Hackerspaces: The
Necessity for Community Spaces Here and Everywhere”
9pm: Brief unconference, snacks, and fine Oakland homebrew!

The event is free to attend, but we encourage donations to help us
accomplish our goal of opening a Sudo Room of our own! We encourage you to
donate in advance via Eventbrite, though we will also provide opportunity
to donate at the event.

Register/Donate Here: http://hacker_space.eventbrite.com/

Find out more at sudoroom.org or email us at sudoroom at citizensciencequa
rterly.com. We look forward to seeing you at Tech Liminal (268 14th St.,
Oakland, CA) on May 4th at 7:00PM!

----
Jenny Ryan
http://jennyryan.net