[Noisebridge-discuss] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:47:49 UTC 2012

I first heard about this when Dale announced it at the thank you dinner after the NY Maker Faire in September.  And it has been ripping me up ever since.  I've also always totally loved working with Maker Faire.  It has been a huge wonderful part of my life.  It has helped so many people in so many ways.  And I've enjoyed helping in all the ways I could.

It was odd to me that it was not public information until this announcement:

http://press.oreilly.com/pub/pr/2962

I spoke with Dale to explore ways that I might be able to contribute to the Maker Faire without being associated with DARPA money.  We couldn't find a way.  After struggling with this for months, I finally emailed Dale and told him I couldn't help out this year, but would help again in a heartbeat if they stop receiving DARPA funding.

Mitch.