[Noisebridge-discuss] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:45:40 UTC 2012

My main reason for making my decision public is to encourage public discussion on this important topic.  I'm glad it's working.  We really need to consciously make choices on what we do for money.  In my mind, it is not about the money.  My hope is that we do what we do because we are exploring and doing what we love (whatever that means to you!).

To further this public discourse, I am organizing a panel on the topic of DARPA funding for hackers and hackerspaces, at the upcoming HOPE #9 conference in NYC, July 13-15.  I would love to have Mudge on the panel, since he is a proponent of DARPA funding for hackerspaces.  If anyone knows Mudge, please ask him if he would be willing to make use of this forum to air his views.
http://www.hopenumbernine.net/

Best,
Mitch.