[Noisebridge-discuss] Question

Michael Prados mprados at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:09:09 UTC 2012

And for what it's worth, I know that there is a lot of variation by
industry, role, and type of employer, but it is really easy to tell the
difference between a candidate that used a shotgun approach to send out a
lot of applications to any vaguely appropriate job listing, and a candidate
who has been more selective, and has identified and carefully researched
some roles where she or he is likely to be a good fit.  A candidate in the
latter category with less experience and education can compare favorably
with a candidate in the first category with better credentials.  And, from
the other side of the interview, the main hazard in my successful job
searches has been staying up too late reading about a company (or a handful
of companies) I'm interested in, rather than carpal tunnel.

But your results may vary, and if this doesn't apply to your situation,
then please disregard.

-Mike