[Noisebridge-discuss] front end class archiving

daravinne daravinne at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:43:36 UTC 2012

As I understand it, when aestetix was running 5mof, miloh was
responsible for livestreaming and video stuff.  I recall asking him
several times about who ran the video stuff and all I ever heard was
"oh yeah miloh was doing that, dunno about it otherwise, ask him".

The other problem was that the gear stored in the space for 5mof had a
habit of walking away silently, and day of show we'd open the a/v box
and find key pieces missing.  I advocated keeping all the necessary
stuff off site, and the most that ever got done was that we organized
the box.  I also wanted to do an a/v dress rehearsal since there was
no official "here's how shit works" knowledge transfer, but I could
not ever manage to get everyone in the space all at once at any point
other than show night.  I wanted a standing a/v crew since that shit
is a full time job, but no one really made it their business to show
up, (yes, I did ask people repeatedly to come help out), and it ended
up getting down to me and one other person at any given time, running
the entirety of 5mof. Something had to fall by the wayside and it
ended up being streaming, since it was the most time-intensive and
error prone.

So, if you want something streamed, ask miloh, and if you want 5mof
streamed regularly, get me a damn a/v team and quit yer bitchin.