[Noisebridge-discuss] PLEASE READ: Laser Cutter Threat Model

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Tue Apr 10 07:44:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Gavin Knight <gnnrok at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would the ventilation be more effective in the previous location of the
> laser cutter,
> or is it better in it's current place.
>
> It seems the previous location was isolated from he majority of people and
> had access
> directly to an open window.

That's pretty much what the background to this discussion is. It sounds
like the new location is within hackerspace operating parameters, but I
lerrrrve Martin's fact-based note about how we could check that.

My understanding is that after Casey's concerns were expressed, mysterious
benefactors set up an improved negative pressure system for the new
location (not sure if Martin is talking about the setup before or after
here). If they're around, I'll try and find out exactly what the parameters
of that, so that people can feel warm and number-based, rather than just
trying to sniff around the cutter and seeing if they keel over.

d.