[Noisebridge-discuss] A video response for the purpose of tonight's meeting.

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Apr 11 07:42:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Robert Chu <robertayoungchu at gmail.com>wrote:

> I didn't try to stab anybody, as much as I killed my ex-girlfriend (to
> whom I am still a good friend of) and buried her under my house, which is
> something Justin also believes.

Just to be clear, I double-checked with Justin on exact dates, and while I
surely cannot vouch for anyone not having stabbed anyone ever, I *was*
around for most of the evening that Justin thinks Rayc stabbed people.
While certainly one of the more crazy evenings in my recent history, it did
not, in my humble opinion, contain any actual stabbing _per se_.

To be clear: while I don't won't to pre-emptively create any hard and fast
rules about this, in the event of anyone stabbing anyone, or killing and
burying someone in the Noisebridge cellar, the precedent at our hackerspace
is to ask the stabber/murderer to enter into mediation with the dead or
injured victim, and to not re-enter the space until that process is
completed. We generally do ask the victim or their next of kin to raise it
the matter at meeting, although a member in good standing can proxy for the
dead or John Does wishing to preserve their anonymity.

I think I can say that both stabbing and murdering are (mostly) viewed as
"non-excellent" at Noisebridge. Please do not do them without asking
permission of everybody in the space who is not already dead of cyanide
poisoning.

For comparison, I think Ace Monster Toys actually has a specific rule
against murdering people. NYCResistor  was required to forbid homicide as
part of their new tenancy agreement, and now permits stabbing on the
premises only if you've completed their $15 shiv-crafting course. IIRC, ATX
requires a cleanly-executed, untraceable killing as part of their
membership process.

HTH,

d.
.