[Noisebridge-discuss] drill press table

Scotty Allen scotty at scottyallen.com
Wed Apr 11 20:54:02 UTC 2012

There's a blue vice that I've used with the drill press a fair amount.
 On Monday, someone had being doing some organizing(yay!) and put it
in a bin of c-clamps and other similar devices under the tool cabinet
on the wall to the right of the drill press.  That was the last place
I saw it.  Not sure if that's what we're talking about here.

On a related note, there's a cross slide vice that's floating around
that looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Slide-Drill-Milling-Machine/dp/B001FGAJTA.
 However, it's broken somewhat catastrophically:(  It has two breaks
in the metal frame that prevent the vice part from clamping anything,
which I imagine were caused by tightening the vice down until it
snapped.

It would be nice to fix this, but I don't know the best way to repair
it.  Does someone have access to a welder?  If not, maybe it's
possible to drill/tap some holes on either side of the break and
attach a metal strap to hold the two pieces together.  Thoughts?

-Scotty