[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser engraver needs to go back in the DJ booth

Alan Rockefeller alanrockefeller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 23:28:48 UTC 2012

There is a fan both on the back of the laser engraver and on the roof.  I
don't know how many CFM the roof fan is, but it works pretty well.  A
couple days ago I took off the exhaust tube and put my hand over it, and
there was a good amount of pressure there and the drier hose contracted
significantly.

A better fan on the roof would improve the system, and we should get one,
however I think that the current system vents 99.9999% of the exhaust to
the roof.  Even when cutting very smelly material, you can't smell anything
when the laser is running.    After the person takes their piece out you
can smell the laser a little, but that will be the same no matter where it
is located.  If they wait one minute before opening the laser and taking
out their work, that odor is reduced by 99%.