[Noisebridge-discuss] Surface mount oven?

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Apr 19 23:11:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Gopiballava Flaherty <
gopiballava at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2012, at 22:58, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
>
> > and we should start a system of labeling our test equipment and tools so
> nothing else gets mistaken for hack materials, and taken apart by bored
> occupiers trying to look like they're hacking so they don't get kicked out.
>
> I've found that the 3M inkjet or laser labels that promise to be opaque
> will stick reliably to many different surfaces.
>
> The thin non-opaque ones will only stick to paper. They fall off of
> plastic.
>
> I'm not going to be at NB again for a couple weeks, but if somebody gets
> some labels, I can generate PDFs with QR code serial numbers pointing to
> somewhere on the Wiki, along with, say, "Property of Noisebridge. Do not
> destroy!"

I will get some labels. The big thing I would like is a certain *color* to
be "don't hack me". Really, our only chance to spread cultural memes like
this is a one sentence explanation in the Grand Tour, or something people
can very simply say. "You can hack everything except the stuff marked in
red" is good enough. It means we can also mark the member shelves this
color. No reason why we can't have a message on it too of course.

Anyway, I just ordered a flourescent red printer labels to be delivered to
the space in a few days. In general, I think we should aim to use
Noisebridge Red #d9232a (358/84/85 HSV), unless there's some clash with
that that I haven't thought about.

d.