[Noisebridge-discuss] cold room build up

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 11:32:05 UTC 2012

Hi to everyone,
I've been "appointed" to prepare a proposal for a build up of a cold room
for our educational project in Seoul (and my probiotics :-)). I wonder
if there is someone who have done something like that before or has a
“decent idea”. I’m still in the process of getting specifications from
my colleagues what they need but it looks like that we are talking about 2-4C (36-39F) and I would guess 2.5 m (8 ft) on 3 m (9 ft) base and
around 2-2.5 m (6.6-8 ft) hight. It may be not necessary to control the
humidity.

I’m now looking especially for info about cooling units and the whole
“refrigeration” system. I’m wondering if there is any chance of hacking
“standard” air conditioner to do the job or we have to get a specialized unit. I assume this is going to be the most expensive part.

I’ll have more info in next few days many thanks for any help. My goal is to learn how to build up a cold room and repeat that at events like CCC
summer camps and my brewing projects because it is so handy for any food hacking/brewing.

Sincerely,

FA

PS The project of the experimental incubator is finally in the testing
phase, I need to update the blog in next few days, I’m failing on the
cooling part, will give more info soon but I've made a Japanese style natto in it already!

http://experimentalincubator.wordpress.com/

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi