[Noisebridge-discuss] Too many tables and chairs

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Aug 1 18:37:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Ben Kochie <superq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, this is good timing.  I too think we need a supply of folding
> chairs at NB.  We could possibly use some folding chairs for ToorCamp.
>  Maybe we can find a good supplier of quality folding chairs for camp
> and then bring them back to replace the beatup office chairs.

If we got folding chairs, could we keep the tables? I don't know
exactly whether it's the tables or the people, but the vibe of a bunch
of a crowd hacking and quietly chatting on stuff in the hackitorium
during the day and in meetings is really pleasant at the moment. It
would mean that the space around them would be pretty close to the
minimum, but I like the idea of marking out more clearly where that
space should be (with striped tape or something) --- we need to get
better at keeping space clear for the fire escape anyway.

Also, watching Jim zoom around in the electric scooter to see what it
was like to move through the space, and scooping up chair after chair,
will stick with me forever...

d.