[Noisebridge-discuss] RaspberryPi Foundation US Hackspace Roadshow

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:38:58 UTC 2012

It's cute that he wants one of us to make him an eventbrite for his event.

Rob, welcome to noisebridge.  We are pretty into DIY as a philosophy, and
while individual members may choose to go above and beyond to help you,
generally speaking the community seeks to help those who help themselves.
There is information on our wiki (
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hosting_an_Event ) for those wanting to
throw an event in the space.  The biggest points that bear repeating :

-events in the space are free for all but since noisebridge runs on
donations we ask event producers to ask attendees to donate, or to donate
themselves, where possible.

-the space doesn't clean itself, and it would be best if your team was
committed to cleaning up after your event as well.

-if you send a promotional message to this list, anyone who wants to help
you can forward it.  This is our typical promotional structure. We have an
announce list as well that has a slightly different readership. The wiki
tells you how to find it, and I would definitely recommend posting there as
well.  We also have a google calendar for events, if you ask here someone
is always willing to either post things to it or give you access to post
things yourself.

-Events generally have a liason who is a regular user of the space. Maybe
Maestro wants to fill this role? Maybe you can talk this person into
managing and promoting your event for you? Our space operates as a
technical platform, with no staff or heirarchy, and users are mostly
expected to do those kinds of things themselves.

R.

mediumreality.com