[Noisebridge-discuss] recommendations for discuss forum - electronics

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 05:37:46 UTC 2012

I'd say this forum isn't a bad one :). 1-2 day response time could be
optimistic or conservative depending on your question!

Do you need the peltier to be able to be heated and cooled? If this is a
requirement, you want to use an H-bridge instead of a relay. An H-bridge
will let you flip the polarity of the DC current, thus being able to flip
which side of your peltier is hot or cold. Also, an H-bridge is a way to
sort of PWM big power stuff...without the pulsing. So, if you want control
to be adjustable, you should really use an H-bridge. The relay will just
get you off or on.

Hope that helps!
Sean