[Noisebridge-discuss] let's get a TIG welder

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:56:47 UTC 2012

Thanks, Martin!  I just learned to weld at ToorCamp.  It was way fantastic!  And I want more!  We leaned MIG, but were shown TIG.  TIG is clearly the way to go at Noisebridge.  Assuming there's still interest after Martin's class (which I signed up for!), let's set up a corner of the dirty shop, as Casey suggested -- with ventilation, and with that UV protective vinyl, as others have suggested.  And with some metal on the floor, since that is easy.  And some signs with basics (and asking people who don't know to Ask First).

We may be able to get a decent used one (Miller, Lincoln, etc), rather than a Harbor Freight that we need to muck with to make decent.  Let's discuss after Martin's class.

Cheers,
Mitch.