[Noisebridge-discuss] networked GO game table

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Fri Aug 24 01:50:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
> i think this is a great idea.  You know that we have a small round table
> with a touchscreen computer built into it?  like, the table has a tempered
> glass rectangle in the middle with a touchscreen and a computer under that.
>
> It has been kicking around noisebrige in two pieces for at least a year now.
> i assume it had some simple electrical problem (or people just took it apart
> for some hack they nevver finished) but if someone promises to make the
> software for an interactive go game (it is probably already written) I will
> ressurect the hardware.

Indeed, this table is pretty dope.

It was working just fine with external HID (keyboard/mouse) inputs
plugged in via USB.

The touchscreen used a proprietary USB driver, for which there didn't
seem to be working linux support. There was a serial version that
could probably just be adapted.

I think these both are great ideas.

--j