[Noisebridge-discuss] Copy Magnetic Strip card

Andreas andy.hessling at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:14:02 UTC 2012

Dear Noisebridge,

Following up from this thread, I am still in the need to copy this key. I
believe so far nobody had a suggestion how to do this. I have just re-read
my rental contract and there is no provision against copying the key. The
apartment manager does not want to give me a second key; they deactivate
the old key when I request a new key.  But that does not mean I am not
allowed to copy a key.  The key cards are the SAFLOK kind.

I'm particularly interested in seeing if the community can help me out with
this. Jenn, Asheem and I have collaboratively fixed the door bell at
Noisebridge when it was broken, and I am hoping to see if Hackerspaces are
as powerful as I say they are.

I can scan upload my rental contract if that helps.

Thanks Noisebridge!

-- nullpointer