[Noisebridge-discuss] offset printing press / screenprinting workshop

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 02:44:23 UTC 2012

Hey hackers,

Two items of interest (with several sub-items of sub-interest):

1) I'm organizing a *screenprinting workshop at Noisebridge* with a
tentative-verging-on-definite date of *Sunday, Jan. 13th, time TBA* but
probably early afternoon-ish. I've placed a sign-up sheet in the space, on
the wall between the main entrance & the dirty shop. There is a notice on
the bulletin board. *We are having a planning session this Thursday, Dec.
13th at 8pm @ Noisebridge.* Anyone interested in helping plan & host the
event is welcome. Those with an interest in or experience with
screenprinting/silkscreening is a +. The workshop will be led by Alex
Glowaski, of 5 Minutes of Fame fame (among other kinds of fame!)

1b) (Oh yeah, that reminds us....5MoF is coming - again - next Thursday the
20th, & you can still sign up <http://5mof.net/signup/> for your 5-minute
slice of the action!)

2) A friend-slash-frequenter of Noisebridge has a friend-slash-occasional
visitor to Noisebridge who has *an offset printing press in working
condition that he will donate to Noisebridge* if we want it. Do we want it?
There seems to be some concern about the amount of noise said machine would
produce, but I think it could be bearable, no worse than what comes out of
the dirty shop now at odd hours, & if nec we could agree on certain times
for working on the press so as to avoid violently angering the neighbors.
(Do we have neighbors?) I definitely want it, & I hope others will join me
in saying Hell Yes We Want It. Myself & others with whom I have been
talking recently have envisioned a place for it (based on its large-ish
rectangular size) in the back, East end of the space from where the fridge
& recology bins are currently stationed to the DJ booth/Skycube (the little
raised box above/behind the Church classroom).

Recent digital blueprint of
Noisebridge<https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Art_nb-blueprint7dc.jpg>

The recology bins can move to the right once we clear the mountain of
unused hulking objects (Agfa machine, foul-smelling refrigerator that I've
begun cleaning, defunct vending machine, etc) out of the way. *So far, as
far as I know, no one has objected to the removal of said hulking objects*.
LMK if I am wrong. And btw I have a creative & cool thought for how to
dispose of the unused refrigerator. (Does anyone know if it works or why it
was first unplugged?)

+11+

--
*You should read my diaries after I die—I talk about you a lot in there.*