[Noisebridge-discuss] Reply if interested; I'm considering offering a weekly Beginners Android Development class

Brian Cloutier briancloutier2010 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:51:11 UTC 2012

The class would teach you how to write Activities (the screens of an app)
and build a UI that adapts well to many different devices. You'll learn how
to share data with other apps using Content Providers, (to import contacts
on a phone). We'll go over a ton of other APIs, and by the end you'll have
written your very own twitter client.

I will assume you already know some Java. Maybe I could teach an intro to
Java course later but for now you should at least know the syntax and
object model, I'll review intermediate topics like multithreading when we
come to them.

If enough people respond I'll put up a survey to see what times work best.

- Brian