[Noisebridge-discuss] Fucking Bins

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 19:32:18 UTC 2012

Sorry for joining this topic on-list late, but my suggestion at weekly meeting about a month ago was not bins. Rather, to put locking hinged gates on existing member shelves. BYO lock. (Unless we're going to remove the existing shelving units, bins or gates should integrate with existing shelves.)

A separate idea I like is stackable locking cages in place of current stacked milk crates, for short-term member/ non-member storage (a few hours). Like airport-style coin or token op, with a physical key or randomly generated combo. Cages could auto unlock after N hours, to discourage long-term abuse.

Also would love nonmember LT storage for in-progress projects :)

Maybe time to purge member shelves?

Cheers,
Johny Radio