[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Holiday Tree

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 04:30:32 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Lillian Fleurs <lillian.fleurs at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> I want to propose the installation of a Noisebridge themed Holiday tree
> somewhere inside the space. As a community effort we should decorate the
> tree with recycled circuit boards and LED tubes and other Noisebridgey
> things. I really think it would add a festive feel to the space and allow
> people who might be away from home or whatever for the holidays to get into
> the spirit. If anyone wants to head this project be my guest, I just wanted
> to throw the idea out there and participate in it.

Excellent idea, Lilly. Some space could be cleared in the sewing
spot-slash-member shelves area on the West end of the hackerspace
overlooking Mission Street, so that it would be visible from the windows &
passersby would be delighted by our holiday hacker spirit. Alternately it,
or perhaps a second tree, could go on the East end of the space by the
restrooms in the "wasted area" currently occupied by incredible hulking
objects of no apparent value, including but not limited to the unplugged &
foul-smelling refrigerator, the defunct vending machine, the Agfa copy
machine (can it be brought back to life?), etc. I was talking with someone
last night about rearranging the space as an energy release & start of a
new chapter, to pull Noisebridge out of the slump it's in right now (let's
face it), & we agreed that area in particular needs attention right away.
Let's clear out some of the dead weight & decorate for Christmas/pagan
solstice/[insert holiday of choice here] at the same time! I can picture
the tree now in all its resplendent recycledelic electromajesty!

<End of file>

+11+