[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Image SafeSearch is now mandatory for US IP's

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Wed Dec 12 20:21:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, James Sundquist wrote:

> Easily circumvented by using google.co.uk for your search needs.

I can't confirm the claim in the subject line. I can do porn-y searches on
images.google.com and get porn-y results, with safesearch off. If
necessary I can provide links.

One easy query with to demonstrate that's not vaguely unmentionable is
[topless].

I'll put links here, but please don't be shocked if you see things that a
non-safe search would result in for [topless].

A page with a link to the video, so no one clicks the link and gets
shocking visuals:

http://paulproteus.acm.jhu.edu/tmp/safe-search/

-- Asheesh.