[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Image SafeSearch is now mandatory for US IP's

Christoph Maier cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:54:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Christoph Maier
<cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Josh Juran <jjuran at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I can't confirm the claim in the subject line. I can do porn-y searches on
>>> images.google.com and get porn-y results, with safesearch off. If necessary
>>> I can provide links.
>>>
>>> One easy query with to demonstrate that's not vaguely unmentionable is
>>> [topless].
>>

>> I just did an image search for 'topless', and I didn't see a single picture
>> of a dreidl.
>>
>> Josh
>>
> Youtube doesn't allow me to log in with my old youtube name any more;
> it requires my gmaiil address.
> Could anyone do a no-stops image search without signing in?
> Might this have to do with Prop. 35??
>
> Christoph

Tried a little more ... some but not all "explicit" stuff got
censored, irrsepective of whether I use images.google.com with or
without signing in.
So, for now, Big Brother Google is just making decisions what's fit to
see for us; it doesn't _overtly_ hold us accountable for our searches
yet.