[Noisebridge-discuss] The Fizzery has Club Mate

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Dec 17 14:30:00 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 07:54:32AM -0800, Martin Bogomolni wrote:
> A 20 bottle case is $60 if I pick it up in person ($3/bottle),
> although I don't know if I can use my Checked Luggage allowance to
> bring the case to SF.    I'm sure that with some creative packaging,
> and lots of padding, it will probably arrive intact in SF (assuming
> the TSA don't 'borrow' a bottle or two...)

That's been tried many times before, coming back from Berlin.  The
airlines generally won't take the case of unpadded bottles because they
know they'd break a few (or a lot).  20 bottles in your luggage probably
means mate-flavored underwear with a topping of broken glass.

I had 2600 ship their 12-bottle case to SF once.  It comes individually
packed in what I think were wine-shipping containers.  The entire case
made it just fine.  I felt bad recycling all that expensive packing
material though.

I hope the Fizzary guys can sell cases in SF for $60 or $65.  That would
rule.

-andy