[Noisebridge-discuss] an interesting potentiometer failure mode (tin whiskers!)

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:46:43 UTC 2012

There's been lots of interesting articles over the past year. I'd seen
these before, as I have many articles. Of course not everyone has seen
them, but the same could be said about many, many things posted on the
internet. All I asked for was why the OP felt like sharing them. She posted
them without making any effort to explain why she thought they were worth
putting in my inbox. If the articles were new, posting them would make
sense - we could assume that the author wanted to call out attention to
something urgent. But when something has been kicking around the web for a
year, the author seems to be assuming that we didn't already know about it.
I guess my point was: "Explain why the F you post something when you post
something, don't just link us to old articles without saying why". Not to
be combative, but to encourage more thoughtful posts.