[Noisebridge-discuss] an interesting potentiometer failure mode (tin whiskers!)

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 11:47:31 UTC 2012

It just struck me as silly noise. Should we just copy the daily contents of
Hacker News to this list? A
large<http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/whycassini/cassini20121218.html>
percentage<http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/12/behind-closed-doors-at-the-uns-attempted-takeover-of-the-internet/>
of<http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Its-Clear-Verizon-Is-Blocking-Google-Wallet-AntiCompetitively-122513>
the<http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20121220/02365821447/intellectual-ventures-dont-mind-our-2000-shell-companies-thats-totally-normal.shtml>
articles<http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-censorship-backfires-as-new-proxies-bloom-121222/>
posted <http://enpundit.com/a-5-lamp-powered-solely-by-gravity/>
there<http://fernstrategy.com/2012/12/21/the-end-of-x86-an-update/>
daily<https://takingsenseaway.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/letter-from-a-passenger-how-do-tsa-employees-feel-about-working-for-a-despised-agency/>are
highly relevant to readers of the list. But of course it would be
silly
of me to do that. And likewise I thought it was silly for someone to just
post an article here without much explanation as to why (excluding "it's
interesting", because I read 20 articles a day you'd all find interesting,
but I don't post them here).

So in futile hope of discouraging silly conduct, I asked if perhaps there
was more of an explanation (which, by the way, was not rhetorical). Of
course I know that I can't fix people who are "wrong on the internet" by
suggesting they stop being wrong, and that saying nothing may have been
better, but you know how it's best to just ignore bad drivers when they cut
you off? Sometimes you've still gotta give them the finger, even if it's
not going to make a damn difference.