[Noisebridge-discuss] an interesting potentiometer failure mode (tin whiskers!)

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Dec 23 02:12:19 UTC 2012

Taylor,

please stop sending bullshit messages about nothing to my inbox.

sincerely,
-jake

Taylor Alexander wrote:

It just struck me as silly noise. Should we just copy the daily contents
of Hacker News to this list? A
large<http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/whycassini/cassini20121218.html>
percentage<http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/12/behind-closed-doors-at-the-uns-attempted-takeover-of-the-internet/>
of<http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Its-Clear-Verizon-Is-Blocking-Google-Wallet-AntiCompetitively-122513>
the<http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20121220/02365821447/intellectual-ventures-dont-mind-our-2000-shell-companies-thats-totally-normal.shtml>
articles<http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-censorship-backfires-as-new-proxies-bloom-121222/>
posted <http://enpundit.com/a-5-lamp-powered-solely-by-gravity/>
there<http://fernstrategy.com/2012/12/21/the-end-of-x86-an-update/>
daily<https://takingsenseaway.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/letter-from-a-passenger-how-do-tsa-employees-feel-about-working-for-a-despised-agency/>are
highly relevant to readers of the list. But of course it would be
silly
of me to do that. And likewise I thought it was silly for someone to just
post an article here without much explanation as to why (excluding "it's
interesting", because I read 20 articles a day you'd all find interesting,
but I don't post them here).

So in futile hope of discouraging silly conduct, I asked if perhaps there
was more of an explanation (which, by the way, was not rhetorical). Of
course I know that I can't fix people who are "wrong on the internet" by
suggesting they stop being wrong, and that saying nothing may have been
better, but you know how it's best to just ignore bad drivers when they
cut
you off? Sometimes you've still gotta give them the finger, even if it's
not going to make a damn difference.