[Noisebridge-discuss] How close do I need to get with amperage?

jim jim at systemateka.com
Sat Dec 29 19:13:19 UTC 2012

    I built a battery charger circuit (a long time
ago) that depended on voltage: it had a built-in
voltage reference; the charger varied among three
states: unmanaged current, trickle current, and no
current, depending on the delta between the battery
and the reference.
    Nothing broke, it seemed to work okay for
frequent recharging of multiple cassette players
(including the case where devices sat in the
charger for a long time).
    I'm guessing that to charge his batteries
Steve used a wall wart or power brick rather than
a battery charger.