[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control & Safety, both personal and general space.

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Thu Feb 9 19:46:10 UTC 2012

Jof, it seems like what we want here is something webby that takes a JSON
struct containing an auth guess, something like:

{"phone_number":"123456789"} or {"rfid_match_code":"1234567"}

and returns

{"access":"granted"} or {"access":"denied"}

that way we can abstract access so that any device or service could be used
to auth against this access service.

obviously we don't want the whole internet to be able to attempt auth
against that, so we need an API key (which might just consist of of an HTML
basic/ssl token).

And there'll need to be an easy way for people to add people and stuff;  a
web form?  An iphone app?

Does this sound workable?

--S

--