[Noisebridge-discuss] A modest proposal.

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:51:06 UTC 2012

>> Like many proposals currently being kicked around, this is perfectly
> reasonable one, which has been somewhat discussed to death in previous
> rounds. A lot of NB members really like it being open late, and it's one of
> the things that a lot of people want to keep that there's somewhere in San
> Francisco where you can hold a soldering class at 4AM.
>
> It, and the related one of it being members-only after hours gets
> discussed a lot in meeting, carefully considered, and then rejected.
>
> I know, we is crazy. But we're very picky in what craziness we want.

I don't remember anyone rejecting or moving to block it, and I don't see
anything in the notes about it.  There was a "well, the community wouldn't
go for it" -- but that's a self fulfilling prophecy in that it shuts down
discussion of "unacceptable" topics.  Case in point -- no-one thought we
could get consensus on banning Patrick at the time, but I saw over 30
people in the room that night and everyone was on-board -- philosophically
disgusted, maybe, but on-board.

Noisebridge may be crazy, but it does act in the furtherance of having a
good time.

Will.