[Noisebridge-discuss] Upstairs door latch mechanism?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Feb 11 01:32:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012, David Estes wrote:
> Right, that makes sense. But in my case last night, I was
> pony.noise/gate-ing in on my phone, and there were potential
> undesirables standing in front of the gate, blocking my entrance. If I
> rejected their entry I'd be on the street and outnumbered, instead of
> inside with 20+ other people.

I would say "excuse me" after buzzing discretely from my phone.  Then go
in and if they all follow you in, just wait until you are at the top of
the stairs before you confront them.

If you are unwilling to either vet these people at the sidewalk before
letting them in, or dealing with them at the top of the stairs (where you
have support of more people in the space), you should either contact
someone inside the space to come down to let you (and only you) in.

-jake